Cecil C. Humphreys, Jr.
Mr. Humphreys concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and business transactions, secured lending, commercial real estate and securities law.
Mr. Humphreys counsels start-up businesses on formation issues and operating businesses on day-to-day corporate and partnership matters. He represents numerous clients in connection with debt and equity securities offerings and the federal and state securities law issues involved in those offerings and in the ongoing operations of their businesses. Mr. Humphreys practice includes all aspects of secured lending. He has also represented local and national companies with respect to federal and state franchise law matters. Mr. Humphreys counsels clients and handles all acquisition, sale and day-to-day real estate operations for large timberland interests the southern United States.
Prior to joining Glankler Brown, PLLC, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Odell Horton, U.S. District Judge, Western District of Tennessee.
- Southern Methodist University, B.F.A. Degree, 1977
- University of Memphis School of Law, J.D. degree, 1981
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Memphis College of Art, Board of Trustees
- University Neighborhoods Development Corporation, Board of Directors
- University District, Inc., Board of Directors
- The Children’s Museum of Memphis (Past Board Member)
- Tennessee Arts Commission (Past Committee Member)
- American (Member, Business Law Section; Member, Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities) Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Representation of local partnership in connection with the purchases of approximately 300 commercial timberland properties throughout the Southeast and all day-to-day operational and contractual matters in connection with the operation of its timber business.
- Various secured lending transactions on behalf of local banks and their borrowers.
- Representation of owner in connection with the sale of local Anheuser Busch Distributer.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with package purchase of 37 convenience stores in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama.
- Day-to-day operational and contractual matters for two local telephone companies.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with purchase of brick manufacturing plant.
- Representation of seller of food distributing company to Sara Lee Corporation.
- Representation of more than 50 issuers in connection with the private offerings of securities.