R. Hunter Humphreys
R. Hunter Humphreys concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and secured lending. He represents numerous investors, developers, lenders and participants in real estate, secured lending and other business transactions.
Mr. Humphreys is chairman of Glankler Brown’s real estate section and he is an adjunct professor at the University of Memphis School of Law where he teaches a course on real estate transactions.
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill), B.A. degree, 1974
- University of Memphis School of Law, J.D. degree, 1977
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2007-2019
- Chambers USA- America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (named to Leading Lawyers in Real Estate, Tennessee), 2004-2019
- Mid South SuperLawyers, 2006-2018; Top 100 Lawyers in the State of Tennessee, 2009-2011
- Business TN magazine’s Top 150 Lawyers in TN, 2006-2010; Top 150 CRE in TN (influential individuals in Commercial Real Estate industry), 2005
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- University of Memphis Law School Alumni Association (Past President and Current Board Member)
- University of Memphis Law School Dean’s Advisory Board (Current Member)
- Memphis Bar Association (Former Member, CLE Committee; Former Chairman, University of Memphis Law School, Liaison Committee)
- Tennessee Bar Association (Real Estate and Environmental Sections)
- Tennessee Bar Association, District Investigating Committee, Fitness for Admission to the Bar (Past Member)
- TBA Real Estate Subcommittee on Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Estate Planning Council of Memphis (Past Board Member)
- Metropolitan YMCA (Past Board Member)
- Downtown YMCA (Past Chairman, Vice-President and Finance Chairman)
- Memphis University School Alumni Association (Past President, Vice-President and Secretary)
Mr. Humphreys is a frequent speaker on real estate law and secured lending, including seminars sponsored by Chicago Title Insurance Company, the Memphis Bar Association, National Business Institute, Heritage Publishing, the Memphis Chamber of Commerce, the Memphis Board of Realtors, Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation and the Tennessee Bar Association.