Miska L. Shaw
Miska L. Shaw concentrates her practice in the areas of:
(1) Public Finance (including municipal bonds),
(2) General Civil Litigation (including business and landlord/tenant law), and
(3) Probate Administration/Estate Planning.
Ms. Shaw has served as bond counsel in both tax-exempt and taxable bond matters, including general municipal finance, 501(c)(3) and housing matters. Ms. Shaw has also served in other capacities, such as purchaser’s counsel and underwriter’s counsel.
In addition, Ms. Shaw has successfully litigated many civil cases up to and including the trial/hearing phase.
Ms. Shaw received her B.S. degree in Applied Economics Management, with a concentration in business, from Cornell University. Afterwards, she earned a Master of Public Administration from the University of Memphis, before obtaining her law degree from Washington University in Saint Louis School of Law. Ms. Shaw has also studied international law at the University of Utrecht located in The Netherlands.
- Washington University in Saint Louis School of Law, Juris Doctoris
- The University of Memphis, Master of Public Administration
- Cornell University, B.S. in Applied Economics Management
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award, Washington University in Saint Louis School of Law
- Tennessee Board of Regents Minority Fellowship for Graduate Study
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Memphis & Tennessee Bar Associations
- National Bar Association, Ben F. Jones Chapter
- REACH Memphis
- Mid-South Peace and Justice Center