Arnold E. Perl
Arnold E. Perl has more than forty (40) years of experience in assisting organizations in labor and employment law, with extensive experience counseling organizations on positive employee relations. He offers a dynamic leadership development program for all levels of management.
Mr. Perl co-authored Simple Solutions with Tom Schmitt from FedEx, published in 2006 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The book presents tried-and-true tactics and leadership models and explains how complex problems can be broken down into simple solutions, harnessing the power of passion and simplicity to get results.
He has successfully argued many cases before various United States Courts of Appeals, and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Perl is Past Chairman of the Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority and served as Chairman for sixteen (16) years. He is also past General Counsel of the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry as well as Secretary and General Counsel of the Greater Memphis Regional Chamber.
Mr. Perl was the founding Chairman of the Japan-America Society of Tennessee and Chairman Emeritus (Co-Chair) Southeast US/Japan Association. He is the recipient of the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Rosette, the second highest civilian decoration conferred by the Emperor of Japan.
Frequently quoted by the nation's top media, Mr. Perl's remarks have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, as well as Employment Law 360, Workforce Development Magazine, BNA Daily Labor Report and Automotive News.
Mr. Perl has been listed in each edition of Best Lawyers in America since its inception in 1983, and currently serves on its Advisory Board. He served as Chairman of Best Lawyers 25th anniversary celebration.
Mr. Perl is also a Certified Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Mediator.
- University of Illinois College of Law, LL.B., 1963
- University of Illinois, B.A., 1961
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers
- Chambers USA: America's Guide to Leading Lawyers for Business
- "Mid-South Super Lawyers" and "Super Lawyers - Corporate Counsel Edition" by Law & Politics magazine
- "150 Best Lawyers" in Tennessee, Business Tennessee magazine
- Top 100 of "Tennessee's Most Powerful People" by Business Tennessee magazine
- "Who's Who" Memphis Magazine Top 100 Influential Leaders
- MBQ Power Players, 2008-2012, MBQ magazine
- Airport Minority Advisory Council (AMAC) Hall of Fame
- Diversity Memphis Humanitarian of the Year
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, Memphis & Shelby County Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Successful argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit in reversing a jury award of a six figure punitive damage award in a sexual harassment discrimination case.
- Successful arguments before the U. S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia which denied enforcement of Bargaining Orders issued by the National Labor Relations Board.
- Part of a team that successfully represented an international client in a multifaceted electronic theft/trade secret matter.
- Representated of Tennessee Chamber of Commerce & Industry before the National Labor Relations Board's Hearings on proposed rule changes to conduct of representation elections.