Healthcare Law & Hospital Administration Litigation
GLANKLER BROWN HAS VAST EXPERIENCE IN THE EVER-CHANGING WORLD OF HEALTHCARE LAW.
Our firm regularly represents healthcare industry clients in major litigation matters and has a rich history of representing hospitals, physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers in a variety of contexts including medical malpractice defense, contracting issues and labor and employment issues. We have also represented health insurers and self-insured entities in a variety of contexts, and regularly assisted hospitals with legal compliance and administrative issues dealing with the variety of laws applicable to patients and providers. Specifically, our firm has extensive experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Medical network contract negotiations
- Case Management Systems recovery audits
- Clinical research operations and compliance
- Medicare and Medicaid compliance and billing
- Embezzlement and fraud investigations
- Benefit litigation
- False Claims Act compliance and litigation
- Peer Review Board compliance and administrative appeals
- Third party administrator contract negotiations and managed care contract negotiations
- Stark Act and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance and litigation
- HIPAA compliance, training, and litigation
We have extensive experience with defending claims under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), including claims for breach of fiduciary duty under ERISA, issues and litigation under the Comprehensive Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA), as well as related state law claims, including bad faith claims.
Our attorneys strive to keep abreast of this constantly changing area of the law in order to assist our clients with compliance and to avoid unnecessary and undesired litigation.