Douglas P. Quay
Mr. Quay has more than 30 years of experience representing the transactional, commercial interests, and financing of private and public companies with complex corporate and financial structures; financial institutions; and private equity funds.
From early in his career, Mr. Quay has provided legal advice and assisted in mergers and acquisitions; debt and equity financings; technology procurement, licensing and sales; aircraft leasing and financing; strategic alliances; and venture transactions for both institutional and entrepreneurial clientele.
He has represented numerous corporate clients in a wide variety of industries, including those involved in financial services, including issuers, underwriters, loan sellers and other entities in public offerings and private placements; companies engaged in domestic and international aircraft leasing and overnight courier delivery; companies manufacturing and selling internationally and domestically electrical systems, electrical parts, and medical devices; companies engaged in the retail sale of clothes, food, auto parts, electricity, and financial products and services, including life insurance and annuities, and sales of regional cellular wireless services; and companies engaged in logistics services, real estate, health care, and orphan drug development.
Corporate and Securities
Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Buyout, Private investment Funds, Venture Capital, E-Commerce, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances, Technology Transactions, Compensation, and Business Advisory
Corporate Finance, Asset Backed Finance, Structured Finance and Securitization, Equipment Finance and Leasing, Aircraft Finance and Leasing, Microfinance, Timber, Project Financing, Financial Restructuring, and Distressed Finance
Financial Institution and Banking, Investment Funds, Fund Formation and Restructuring, Financial Institution Organization and Capital Raising, Financial Institution acquisitions, sales and mutual conversions, Secondary Market Transactions
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. degree, 1971, Political Science
- University of Memphis, J.D. degree, 1978
- New York University, LL.M. in taxation, degree, 1979
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- The Best Lawyers in America, corporate law, tax law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- American Bar Association (Sections on Business Financing, Commercial Finance, Consumer Financial Services, Federal Regulation of Securities, Internet Delivery/electronic Banking, Mergers and Acquisitions, Privacy, Private Equity M&A, Private Equity and Venture Capital, Secured Transactions, Securitization and Structured Finance, Securitization of Assets, Structured Financings, and Uniform Commercial Code)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- General Counsel to the Urevebu Foundation