B. Douglas Earthman
B. Douglas Earthman concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate law, secured lending transactions, and transactional work, including municipal bond and other tax-exempt financing transactions.
He serves as bond counsel in a variety of tax-exempt bond matters, including general municipal finance, industrial development, health care and housing matters, and in other capacities, such as trustee’s counsel, developer’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, credit provider’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel and counsel to companies using or benefiting from tax-exempt financings. He has been a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers since its formation in 1979.
He serves as a title insurance agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company and Fidelity National Title Insurance Company.
- Vanderbilt University, B.E., cum laude, 1971, Mechanical Engineering
- Memphis State University School of Law, J.D., 1973 (Member, Law Review)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- American College of Bond Counsel
- Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (recommended in real estate) 2003-2018; “easy to work with,” 2005 edition; “bright and effective,” 2006 edition; “the real estate person in the community for municipal finance work,” 2007 edition; “mature and experienced,” 2008 edition; “diligent, knowledgeable and extremely helpful,” 2009 edition; “gets to the business transaction with ease,” 2012 edition; “extremely thorough,” 2014 edition; “He is an excellent attorney,” 2015 edition; “nothing but praise for his ability in the field of real estate and finance,” 2016 edition; “thoughtful, thorough and knowledgeable and focused on client concerns,” 2017 edition; “an excellent real estate attorney,” 2018 edition.
- Mid-South SuperLawyers (Bonds/Government Finance, Real Estate), 2006-2016
- Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate Law, Securitization & Structured Finance Law)
- The Best Lawyers in America, “Memphis Best Lawyers Securitization & Structured Finance Law Lawyer of the Year 2016”
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association