George J. Nassar, Jr.
George J. Nassar, Jr., has over 35 years of experience in the practice of law and concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, tax planning and business transactions. He currently serves as Chair of the firm’s Business, Tax and Estate Planning Practice Group.
His areas of expertise include estate planning and formulation of sophisticated tax planning and wealth transfer techniques for clients with significant domestic and international holdings. He counsels clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions and regularly structures and negotiates complex business transactions. With his accounting degree, Masters in taxation and extensive experience in developing sophisticated estate planning techniques and structuring complex business transactions, George is able to inject and coordinate generational wealth transfer planning into the structuring of business creation, acquisitions and dispositions.
In addition, he regularly represents business clients in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and various state revenue agencies.
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. degree in accounting, 1977
- University of Mississippi, J.D. degree, 1980 (Member and Past President of Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity)
- Washington University, LL.M., with honors, in taxation, 1981
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Tennessee, Federal Courts and State Courts
- Mississippi, Federal Courts and State Courts
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, Litigation- Trusts & Estates, Mergers & Acquisitions, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, Litigation & Controversy- Tax
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- “Best of the Bar”- Estate Planning/Tax- Memphis Business Journal– 2020
- Memphis “Best Lawyers” Litigation- Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year 2018
- Memphis “Best Lawyers” Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year 2013
- Memphis “Best Lawyers” Tax Lawyer of the Year 2011
- Five Star Professional, Wealth Managers
- MidSouth SuperLawyers, Estate Planning & Probate, Tax, Business/Corporate
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- University of Mississippi Law Alumni- Board of Directors, Past President
- St. Peter’s Catholic Church- Past Chairman, Finance Committee
- Christian Brothers University- Member, Professional Advisory Council
- University Club- Past President & Member of the Board of Directors
- Community Foundation of Greater Memphis- Board of Governors
- Memphis Estate Planning Council- Member
- Tennessee Bar Association- (Past Chairman, Tax Section; Probate Section)
- Mississippi Bar Association- Member
- Memphis Bar Association- Member
Mr. Nassar frequently lectures on tax, business and estate planning topics for local and national organizations and bar associations.