Charles W. “Charlie” Hill
Charles W. Hill practices employment law, securities and broker/dealer litigation, contracts and commercial litigation.
Mr. Hill consults with employers concerning employment law decisions regarding their workforce, including discipline, discharge and the implementation of specific policies to ensure compliance with existing employment law, particularly the application of federal and state discrimination statutes. Mr. Hill is experienced in the defense of class action wage and hour claims, consumer financial claims and product claims.
Mr. Hill regularly represents employers in the defense of claims filed with the EEOC and State Human Rights Commissions. He regularly represents employers in federal and state courts in the defense of employment law claims.
Mr. Hill also maintains an active broker/dealer and investment advisory litigation practice. He regularly represents Broker/Dealers, Advisors and securities representatives in securities arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and in securities litigation brought in the federal and state courts, including disputes over investment products, employee transitions, sales practices and corporate governance. He also consults with Broker/Dealers and registered reps and advisors regarding regulatory compliance, examinations, and inquiries.
His business litigation experience covers representation of clients involved in litigation over restrictive covenants, non-solicits, covenants against disclosure of proprietary information and the protection of trade secrets. It also includes litigation of directors and officers insurance matters and matters of corporate governance. He is experienced in regulatory investigations including matters of FINRA, SEC, and DEA compliance.
- Millsaps College: University of Mississippi: University of Memphis, B.A. degree 1974
- University of Memphis, J.D. degree, 1977
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States Supreme Court, U.S Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, all Tennessee Courts, Federal Courts Tennessee and Arkansas; Pro hoc Federal Courts Mississippi, Missouri and Iowa
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Employment Law (Individuals), Labor & Employment Litigation
- Mid South SuperLawyers
- MBQ Power Players 2010-2012, MBQ Magazine
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Board of Directors, Youth Programs, Inc., host organization for the WGC FedEx St. Jude Invitational Golf Tournament
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers