J. William Pierce, Jr.
J. William Pierce, Jr. is a Member of the firm and is in the Real Estate, Secured Lending and Banking Practice Group. Mr. Pierce concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial real estate, secured lending, and other business transactions.
In the area of commercial real estate, Mr. Pierce represents developers of office buildings, shopping centers, warehouse properties and all other types of real estate. He is experienced in the leasing of real estate, including the representation of both landlords and tenants. In addition, Mr. Pierce is very active in the representation of commercial lenders involving real estate transactions and other secured and unsecured credit facilities.
He is an approved attorney for Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation, Chicago Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company.
- Episcopal High School, Alexandria, Virginia, 1975
- Washington and Lee University, B.A. degree, 1979
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D. degree, 1982
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- The Best Lawyers In America, securitization & structured finance law, real estate law
- The Best Lawyers in America Memphis Lawyer of the Year 2014- Securitization & Structured Finance Law
- Chambers & Partners Leaders in their Fields
- MidSouth SuperLawyers
- Glankler Brown Management Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Board Member, Emmanuel Episcopal Center
- Chairman of Board, Planting Faith Ministries
- Represented multiple lenders in multiple credit facilities in an aggregate amount in excess of $50,000,000.00 to a cell tower developer throughout the United States
- Have represented Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. in connection with its real estate and other acquisitions for a period of twenty (20) years plus
- Represented multinational corporations in an asset and stock sale transaction
- Frequently represent lenders in large construction loan facilities and other secured transactions
- Represented lenders in commercial real estate workouts and restructuring transactions