Jake A. Kasser
Jake A. Kasser has experience advising clients on the creation, development and implementation of comprehensive estate plans, including wealth transfer techniques and sophisticated tax planning and drafting complex wills and trusts, including revocable trusts, generation-skipping trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGTs), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), charitable remainder trusts, life insurance trusts and other related estate planning documents.
He regularly advises clients on a variety of corporate matters, including entity formation and operation, federal, state and local tax issues, and general business planning and has extensive experience drafting limited liability company agreements, limited partnership agreements and shareholder agreements.
Mr. Kasser also represents clients in structuring and negotiating numerous types of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale of commercial real property, equity and debt financing transactions, and product development and distribution. He also works on transactions and other matters involving corporate and partnership tax issues.
- University of Memphis, B.B.A. degree in Accounting, Cum Laude, 2008
- University of Memphis, M.S. degree in Accounting with a concentration in Tax, 2010
- University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D. Magna Cum Laude, 2013
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars 2020
- Memphis Bar Association
- Law Review Note, Professional Integrity: Why the DOE Should Apply Debt Measures to Law Schools, 43 U. Mem. L. Rev. 805.