Mark T. Jobe, Jr.
Mark T. Jobe, Jr. concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate law and business transactions. He regularly represents owners, managers and operators in commercial real estate transactions, including but not limited to purchases and dispositions, leases, zoning, compliance issues, planned development and other zoning applications. He also represents a number of franchisees under various concepts with respect to their franchise agreements and negotiating and closing the sale or purchases of such franchises.
Mr. Jobe is a graduate of the University of Tennessee College of Law where he successfully completed the Concentration in Business Transactions and served as the Senior Commentaries Editor for Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law. While there, he was awarded the Certificate of Academic Excellence for Extraordinary Achievement.
Before going to law school, Mr. Jobe graduated summa cum laude from the University of Memphis with a Bachelor of Business Administration, while majoring in Economics. While at the University, Mr. Jobe pitched for the Tiger baseball team and served on the Student Athlete Advisory Committee for the University of Memphis Athletic Department.
Mr. Jobe grew up in Midtown and graduated from White Station High School.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D.
- University of Memphis, B.B.A (summa cum laude)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars 2018, 2019
- 2013 Graduate of the inaugural Embark cohort, New Memphis Institute
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Soundcheck: A Young Professionals Council of the Greater Memphis Chamber
- M-Club, University of Memphis Letter Winner Association, Lifetime Member
- Represent a regional franchisee of a national fast-food chain in the $28.5 Million disposition of its holdings in one metro area
- Serve as co-counsel on the disposition of a large multistate apartment portfolio for a national multifamily housing developer client
- Represent a regional electric company in the acquisition of an electrical supply corporation
- Represent local franchisees in the purchase of assets of prior franchisee
- Represent the owners of area shopping centers with respect to the purchases and/or sales of shopping centers
- Represent landowners in actions to quiet title to real property
- Boundary disputes
- Post tax sale title matters
- Represent entrepreneurs in forming and planning their business entity of choice
- Resolve issues identified in zoning compliance letters issued by local governmental authorities
- Negotiate leases and resolve lease disputes for commercial landlords and tenants
- Counsel to landowners and developers with respect to subdivision, zoning, land use, variance and other matters before municipal and county authorities, including a $20 million development for a retail and tourism destination
- Advise and serve as local counsel for national real estate investment firm primarily focused on the self-storage industry
- Counsel to expanding regional bank with respect to corporate real estate matters
- Counsel to franchisees in negotiating the terms of the franchise agreement and related matters
- Strategically negotiate and resolve a billboard dispute resulting in (i) the termination of the billboard lease, (ii) removal of the rooftop billboard structure and (iii) payment of damages from a national advertising company for our client, the landowner, and operator of a local bar/restaurant.