Matt Brinner concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and business transactions, leasing and secured lending, as well as commercial property tax appeals. He works with private companies and their owners in connection with the formation, structuring, and representation of various business entities, including other business-related transactions such as asset and stock-based acquisitions and dispositions. Matt represents numerous property owners, developers, landlords, tenants and other participants in connection with residential and commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions, developments, condominium conversions and commercial leasing transactions (including office, retail and industrial). He also works with borrowers and lenders in all areas of secured lending, including business and real estate financed transactions and foreclosures.
- University of Tennessee, B.S. degree in Business Administration- Finance, magna cum laude, 2001
- University of Memphis, J.D. degree, cum laude, 2005
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Active Board Member and Past Chairman, Osiris (a Grand Krewe of Carnival Memphis)
- Rotary Club of East Memphis, Past Member
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis (Downtown Porter Club), Past Member, Board of Directors
- Representation of a number of national real estate investment entities and private equity firms in connection with lease preparation and negotiations, as well as a variety of landlord/tenant issues. One such national real estate investment entity manages over $10 billion in value-added real estate investments across the United States, including properties in the retail, multi-family, office, medical office and industrial industries, and has acquired over 1,300 properties valued in excess of $26 billion since inception. Another New York based real estate private equity firm represented by Mr. Brinner manages fully discretionary capital on behalf of a variety of institutional and high-net-worth investors across the country, and seeks to invest in and actively managing previously underperforming income-producing properties.
- Representation of landlord in connection with lease preparation and negotiations for national landlord and owner of four office buildings located in Lenox Park office complex in East Memphis.
- Representation of numerous local businesses in connection with leasing of commercial, retail, office and industrial space.
- Representation of national real estate investment company in connection with negotiation of purchase agreements for, as well as the acquisition and financing of, multiple office and industrial properties in Tennessee, Ohio, Connecticut, Nebraska, Texas, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Maryland.
- Representation of a global tools manufacturer and its subsidiary in connection with its purchase of a 68,250 square foot industrial building situated on 15.01 acres of real estate in Olive Branch, Mississippi, and subsequent subdivision and sale of a portion of that property.
- Representation of one of largest U.S. agricultural laboratory and environmental lab groups in connection with acquisition of a number of laboratory analysis businesses located across the country, including business assets and the real estate upon which such businesses are operated.
- Representation of restaurant franchisee in connection with review of franchise agreement and lease negotiations for new franchise locations.
- Representation of dentist in connection with his acquisition of a dental practice including real estate from which said dental practice was and continues to be operated.
- Representation of private lender in connection with the provision of financing for, and investment in, acquisition of multiple shopping malls
- Serve as primary legal counsel for one of the Mid-South’s premier business brokers, assisting with due diligence, document preparation, closing and secured financing for buyers and sellers of small to medium size businesses.
- Representation of multiple community banks in connection with document preparation and closing of SBA loans and other secured lending transactions.
- Successfully represented hotel management company in appealing a $30+ Million leasehold interest property tax appraisal, ultimately obtaining an agreement by the local Assessor that the actual, current value of the leasehold interest was $0.
- Representation of landowner in development of large-scale multi-use development, incorporating residential, commercial and industrial uses.
- Representation of national organization in connection with negotiations relating to, and acquisition of national corporate headquarters.
- Conduct foreclosures on behalf of multiple lenders.
- Conversion of numerous multi-family apartment buildings into condominium projects.