Penina B. Wender
Penina Wender’s practice concentrates in the areas of commercial real estate and finance, corporate and commercial transactions, as well as estate planning and probate. Her attention to detail, accessibility and concern for her clients is readily apparent. She has extensive experience with diverse industries including office and industrial real estate, medical practices, cell tower, tv and radio stations, non-profit organizations and shopping centers.
Before joining Glankler Brown, Penina was in the business practice group at Farris Bobango, PLC and she currently serves as assistant general counsel for Olymbec USA, an international commercial real estate company.
Penina graduated magna cum laude from the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, and currently serves on the Dean’s Advisory Board.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, JD, 2014
- Yeshiva University, BA, 1986
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Commercial Leases- Draft and negotiate leases for over 5 million square feet of commercial space in 9 US markets totaling over $500 million in rent.
- Real Estate/Financing- Draft and negotiate purchase agreements for Class A and Class B office buildings and warehouse buildings in major US cities, totaling over $100 million in purchase price; draft and negotiate all financing and security documents.
- Shopping Centers- Represent the owner of a shopping center in selling parcels to retail, restaurants and varied service businesses. Shopping center had previously housed a drycleaners and gas station, requiring extensive environmental considerations.
- Riverfront Ground Lease- Assisted in negotiating and drafting a ground lease for owner of riverfront property to be developed by a transport company with adjustable rent based on current FMV of improved property and a wharfage fee based on various commodity tariffs.
- Cell Tower Leases- Represent the owner of cell towers in lease negotiations with AT&T affiliates and other providers for the structure and the surrounding air-space.
- Consulting- Consulted with Tennessee mattress wholesaler/retailer/licensor client in growing and expanding its business. Attended monthly board meetings and advised on all corporate matters including increasing buying power by creating purchasing groups, employment issues, licensing, financing, acquisitions, collections and business organization. Assisted the company to triple its net assets.