R. Bailey Vega
R. Bailey Vega concentrates his practice in the areas of taxation, corporate transactions, and estate planning.
Mr. Vega graduated from University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law with an emphasis in tax and business law. He then received a master of laws in taxation from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law with an emphasis in corporate taxation. During his time at Northwestern, he served as a staff member on the American Bar Association’s The Tax Lawyer.
Also while in law school, Mr. Vega was a staff member of the Memphis Law Review, President of the Business and Tax Law Society, and the Site Coordinator for the VITA Income Tax Clinic. He has also served as a judicial intern for Judge Jon P. McCalla in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee as well as a judicial extern for Chief Judge David S. Kennedy in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
Prior to law school, Mr. Vega graduated from the University of Arkansas where he majored in Accounting with a minor in Finance.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, LL.M., with honors, in Taxation (2022)
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., (2020)
- University of Arkansas, B.S.B.A. in Accounting (2017)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Tax Faculty Scholarship, Northwestern University, 2021, 2022
- CALI Award for Excellence—U.S. Taxation of International Income, University of Memphis, 2020
- Bronze Pro Bono Award, University of Memphis, 2020
- Cecil C. Humphreys Law Fellowship, University of Memphis, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Chancellor’s List, University of Arkansas, 2015, 2016, 2017
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Memphis Bar Association
- University of Arkansas Alumni Association
- University of Memphis Alumni Association