GLANKLER BROWN’S PUBLIC FINANCE GROUP INCLUDES ATTORNEYS LISTED IN BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA AND CHAMBERS & PARTNERS AMERICA’S LEADING LAWYERS FOR BUSINESS.
Our public finance attorneys serve as counsel to Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority and the Fayette County Industrial Development Board, and are members of the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
We provide counsel to banks, trustees, underwriters, and other business clients regarding tax matters with tax-exempt and taxable debt relating to mergers, acquisitions, expansions and closings. Attorneys in the group have served as bond counsel in a variety of tax-exempt bond matters, including general municipal finance, industrial development, higher education, health care and housing matters, utility, and general government purpose issues; and in other capacities, such as trustee’s counsel, developer’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel and counsel to companies using or benefiting from tax-exempt financings, including preparation and review of disclosure documents.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in representing governmental issuers and conduit borrowers in all phases of tax-exempt bonds and in connection with PILOTs (payment-in-lieu of tax incentives), including serving as borrower’s counsel to The Trezevant Episcopal Home in connection with the issuance of over $49 million dollars of tax-exempt bonds by the Shelby County Health, Educational and Housing Facility Board.
Glankler Brown attorneys have appeared before all local boards with PILOT and revenue bond authority, including Memphis & Shelby County Industrial Development Board, Memphis Center City Revenue Finance Corporation, The Health, Educational and Housing Facilities Board of the City of Memphis, Tennessee, The Health, Educational and Housing Facilities Board of Shelby, Tennessee, and similar boards in other counties and states.
Additionally, our attorneys work with other practice groups within the firm to address the structuring as such issues, as well as providing advice and counsel regarding financing, land and property acquisition, and general corporate and business matters.
PILOT LEASES FOR WHICH GLANKLER BROWN PROVIDED LEGAL ASSISTANCE TO THE PROPERTY OWNER OR THE LESSEE
MEMPHIS AND SHELBY COUNTY INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD
- Client: Telecorp, Project Size: Approximately $61,000,000.00
- Client: Wilmont Hotel Limited Partnership, Project Size: Approximately $14,000,000.00
- Client: AR Memphis, LLC, Applicant/Sublessee: Jabil Global Services, Inc., Project Size: Approximately $8,450,000
- Applicant/Sublessee: Newell Home Hardware Companies, Lessee: Memcal Holding Company, Project: 200,000 sf manufacturing and warehouse facility
- Applicant/Sublessee: Toshiba America Information Systems, Lessee: Corporate Estates, Inc., Mitchell Investments, LLC, Project: 100,000 sf distribution center
- Applicant/Sublessee: Honeywell, Inc., Lessee: Corporate Estates, Inc., Mitchell Investments, LLC, Project: 700,000 sf facility of which Honeywell subleased 500,000 sf
- Applicant /Sublessee: Genesis Direct, Lessee: Corporate Estates, Inc., Mitchell Investments, LLC, Dr. Charles Kessinger, J & C Investments, LLC, Project Size: Approximately $14,170,000
- Applicant/ Sublessee: Memlo Logistics, Lessee: Mercy San Juan Joint Venture, Panattoni/ Van Valkenburgh Joint Venture, Memcal Holding Corporation, Mitchell Investments, LLC, Project: 250,600 sf distribution facility
- Applicant/Sublessee: Darby Fulfillment Services, LLC, Lessee: Corporate Estates, Inc., D & N Investments, LLC, Project: 449,000 sf facility of which Darby subleased 140,000 sf,
- Applicant/Sublessee: Autozone/Darby, Lessee: Carl D. Panattoni, John E. Van Valkenburgh, Project: Approximately 280,000 sf in distribution facility
- Applicant/Sublessee: Accreedo, Lessee: Windsor at Century Center 1670 LLC, GID Investment Advisers LLC, Project Size: $4,400,000 Office space
INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD OF THE TOWN OF COLLIERVILLE, SHELBY COUNTY
- Client: Central Woodwork, Inc. and Schaefer, LLC, Project Size: Approximately $8,000,000.00
CITY OF BROWNSVILLE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD, HAYWOOD COUNTY
- Client: Haywood Energy Center, LLC, Project Size: In excess of $400,000,000
THE HEALTH, EDUCATIONAL & HOUSING FACILITY BOARD OF THE COUNTY OF SHELBY, TENNESSEE
- Client: Countryside North Apartments, L.P., Whitney Capital Company, L.L.C., Project: $5,500,000 Unit Apartment Complex
- Client: Housing Corporation of America, Whitney Capital Company, L.L.C., Project: $7,800,000, 167 Unit Apartment Complex, Apartments at Hedgerow
- Client: Creekside Landing Apartments, L.P., Whitney Capital Company, L.L.C., Project: $4,800,000, 248 Unit Apartment Complex, Creekside Landing Apartments